Detroit Auto Body has developed a business model that ensures quality workmanship and reduced repair times. DAB works with all insurance companies and takes the hassle out of the repair process for its customers. Our collision facility has earned the trust of thousands of customers. Detroit Auto Bod... Read More
5 Reasons Why to Get Your Damaged Bumpers Fixed...Pronto
If you play it smart and stay ahead of the game, you can enjoy your car for many years of uninterrupted operation. This means that you have to stay on top of all your regularly scheduled maintenance for every aspect of your car's well-being—which means both the inside and the outside of the vehicle. This also includes your bumpers, which is often neglected and habitually ignored by car owners nationwide. At Detroit Auto Body, we run into the same dilemma almost every day. People will see that their bumper is damaged for whatever reason and it happens a lot here in Covina, CA. But, instead of acting quickly and getting their bumper repaired within a reasonable amount of time, they let it sit and that's when the really serious problems begin.
Here are 5 important reasons why you should proactively get your bumpers repaired once they're damaged:
1. It will help you to retain your car's value: Your vehicle depreciates every day and if you get into an accident, it devalues itself even more. To retain its value, a bumper repair should be performed quickly and definitively. Always use an experienced body technician to reshape the bumper and don't try to do it yourself.
2. It can minimize expensive problems down the road: When people initially see a blemish on your bumper, they normally think that it's not serious and they don't act. But they don't realize that faulty bumpers can expose many of your car's other parts and components and make it more susceptible to rust and other problems most people cannot see. When a bumper has not been repaired, it can fall off and cause accidents, and that's why you may often see bumpers sitting by the road.
3. It will help you sell your car more easily: You're likely not thinking about selling your car now, but when it does happen, having good, clean and pristine bumpers can help you a lot. By dealing with smaller things now, you can bypass much of the drama associated with damaged bumpers.
4. It's a safety issue: Bumpers are on your car for a reason and saving your life is one of them. A bumper takes on the force of a collision you might get into, so not having good bumpers is a serious issue. Many people die in car accidents every year caused by faulty bumpers.
5. It will give you some peace of mind: Fixing your bumper will give you satisfaction, because first--the vehicle will look good and secondly, you and your passengers will be safe. You won't have to fret about your car experiencing internal problems and rust and degradation of the bumper will be a thing of the distant past!