In the event of an accident
or other loss, claims may be reported by telephone via a 24-hour hotline, or online via the company’s user-friendly official website. Claims are handled by company employed claims employees and occasionally retained independent adjusters. The company utilizes a direct repair body shop program . Access to an extensive network of highly trained auto repair specialists (no pre-approval required) and a glass repair/replacement program, both of which may be accessed online.
What are the available options regarding appraisal and repair of my vehicle’s damage?
The choice is yours, your adjuster will explain the available options and help you choose the one that is most convenient for you.
- Appraisal/ Repair Choices:
- Hanover Express Claim Auto Repair Shops – Your adjuster can help locate a participating shop or you may go to the Hanover Express Claims Repair Shops and search our directory for a location near you.
- There are several benefits to utilizing one of our Express Claims Shops:
- Shops provide warranties for their workmanship, provide shuttle services (at participating locations), and assistance in obtaining a rental vehicles
- Drive-Ins (MA Only) – If your vehicle is drivable you may have it appraised at a drive-in facility. Your agent or adjuster can advise you of the convenient locations and hours of operation.
- Desk Review – Please ask your adjuster if this option is available, as we may be able to accept an estimate for your damages.
- Field Inspection – A licensed appraiser can be assigned, based on availability, to inspect your vehicle at home or work, Monday-Friday between 8:30-4pm.
- Additional Damage Appraisal – “supplement” – There are times when repair work begins on your vehicle and the repairer may find hidden damage. The repair shop will contact the appraiser to confirm the damage is loss related and a supplemental appraisal will be completed for the additional damage.
How should I choose a repair shop?
You have many options in choosing a repair shop. If you don’t know where to go, it can seem overwhelming. We have taken the hassle out of finding a quality repair shop and offer the Hanover Express Claims Auto Repair Program which offers a network of repair shops that offer enhanced services to quickly get you back on the road after an accident. The program provides:
- Conveniently located repair shops
- Prompt service and scheduling of repairs
- Speedy completion of repairs
- Professionally trained repair specialists who ensure the job is done right the first time
- Convenient rental car pick up and drop off arrangements at the repair shop
- Less paperwork for you - direct billing and payment from Hanover
- A lifetime warranty guaranteeing repairs for as long you own the vehicle
Access the Hanover Express Claims Repair Shops.
If you choose to use a repair shop that is not part of the Hanover Express Claims Auto Repair Program, here are a couple of pointers to assist you:
- Your adjuster will guide you on obtaining an appraisal from Hanover so you can take it to the shop of your choice. Once agreement has been reached between you, your shop, and the Hanover on repairs and cost, you may authorize the work to begin.
- Hanover will pay you directly (and the appropriate lienholder if applicable) for the repair unless you choose to sign “Direction to Pay” to the shop. This will authorize us to pay the shop directly.